1. Man, this guy just blunders into adventure, doesn’t he? He just buys a model ship and he’s off.
2. Without seeing Snowy’s thought bubbles, Tintin appears to be talking to himself a lot.
3. Uncanny valley problems are avoided for the most part, though it pops up sometimes with the titular character. He also sometimes looks like he’s 12.
4. The VA is a bit of a downer though, with only the experienced Serkis really giving it gusto. The rest, especially Bell and Craig, don’t seem all that bothered.
5. The chase scene towards the end is all kinds of kick-ass. So is the ship battle flashback.
6. I was surprised at how genuinely well this movie nails the comedic angles of the comic strips.
7. Gotta love that title sequence and the soundtrack.
8. I actually really enjoyed this flick, despite some really obvious flaws, but I suspect sentimentality had a part to play.
9. That being said, I don’t remember the cartoons being this violent…
I felt it took a while to get running, but then it just takes off.
Great Scotland Yard!